Literary Management Group is committed to providing excellent support and counsel to authors and publishers of a variety of resources (print, multi-media, and electronic).
We specialize in adult, non-fiction content with a Christian worldview. For all other authors of memoirs, Christian fiction, children's, gift, poetry, illustrated and academic books, we recommend you visit michaelhyatt.com for a complete list of reputable agencies that specialize in representing Christian authors and content.
Our services include:
Author Coaching. We help authors develop their book ideas and answer these questions:.
- Which of your ideas is best-suited to appeal to current market trends?
- Is your idea big enough? How can we make it bigger so it appeals to a wider audience?
- What is the best way to organize your content so it's easiest to understand?
- Do you need help writing or editing the manuscript?
- Do you need help with a theological review of your manuscript to be sure you are appealing to the widest possible Evangelical Christian audience?
Self-Publishing. We help authors who want to self-publish their books create strong manuscripts, edited by professional editors and designed by professional text and cover designers, including:
- Development of content from concept through delivery of bound books
- Review and recommend distribution and fulfillment options
- Provide sales and marketing guidance and reputable service providers
Publishing Consultant. We help clients who own or control intellectual property and want to improve process efficiencies and financial performance, including:
- Needs Assessment of all phases of publishing process including: strategic planning; budgeting; acquisition; editorial; design; production; sales and marketing; fulfillment; customer service; and, financial systems
- Management mentoring and training
- Turn arounds
- Acquisitions and Sales of Assets
Literary Representation. We help authors place books with traditional publishers including:
- Review and assistance in the preparation of proposals and sample chapters based on a proven template that presents features, advantages and benefits so editors can review and quickly determine if your book concept fits their editorial strategy and publishing needs
- Development of publisher submission strategy that identifies the list of publishers and editors most likely to be interested in reviewing and publishing your book
- Negotiation of optimum terms in publishing contract; terms that are fair for author, and reasonable for publisher, so everyone wins when your book is successfully published
- Project management and facilitation with publisher to ensure author's experience, from editorial through marketing and publication, is smooth and understandable
- Review of publisher's royalty reporting so author is clear on what the statements mean and confident in their accuracy